A nutritionist or dietician can provide professional counselling in order to reach a specific goal or to help maintain healthy eating habits.
What is the difference between a Nutritionist and a Dietician?
Though in some countries, they are considered different professions, in Quebec, we can use the title of nutritionist or dietician to refer to someone who is a medically recognized expert in nutrition.
In order to practice in Quebec, dieticians and nutritionists must be a member of the Ordre professionnel des diététistes du Québec (OPDQ).
Who should consult a Nutritionist?
Everyone, regardless of age, may benefit from seeing a nutritionist.
More specifically, the service is particularly relevant for those looking to:
- Adopt healthy eating habits
- Manage a healthy weight
- Benefit from professional support and personalized counselling in order to make changes in their lifestyle
- Achieve sports performance goals
- Prevent or manage chronic diseases
- Manage food intolerances or physical conditions (pregnancy, diabetes, etc.)