What is Kinesiology?
Kinesiology is the study of human movement and posture from a biomechanical, physiological and muscular optique.
The kinesiologist is a health professional in physical activity. The kinesiologist will help you adopt and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. They specialize in human movement for the purposes of rehabilitation, prevention and performance.
Who can consult a Kinesiologist?
No matter your objectives, a kinesiologist can help you attain your goals with a training program customized to your needs. Whether you are a beginner or advanced in physical training, in good health or have specific health conditions, the kinesiologist will take everything into consideration when working with you.
- General population without health problems
- Pregnant women
- Postpartum women
- Children & Adolescents
- Elderly people
- Metabolic, cardiopulmonary, neuro-progressive problems and other chronic diseases
- Mental Health
Why consult a Kinesiologist?
The reasons for consulting a kinesiologist vary:
- Adopt & maintain a healthy and active lifestyle
- Prevent health issues
- Help with rehabilitation of an injury and prevent relapses
- Physical condition evaluation
- Cardiovascular endurance and capacity improvement
- Strength and muscular endurance improvement
- Improve flexibility and mobility
- Improve balance
- Adjust personal training in-line with goals
- Help with motivation
- Improve performance during sports activities
- Safe and durable weight loss