The goal of this service is to determine a person’s fitness to drive a motor vehicle, help them to develop their driving capacity and to assess the need for vehicle adaptation for driving and / or accessing the vehicle.
- Assessment of physical and mental fitness to drive a passenger vehicle (classe 5):
- In-clinic assessment of physical and mental fitness required for driving a motor vehicle
- Road assessment accompanied by an occupational therapist and an accredited driving school instructor
- Motor vehicle adaptations are used, as needed
- Development of physical and / or mental abilities to drive a motor vehicle
- Evaluation and recommendations regarding the need for motor vehicle adaptations:
- Assess the client’s (driver or passenger) global ability to safely access their motor vehicle
- Training of the client with respect to the new motor vehicle adaptations in collaboration with the supplier of the specialized equipment and driving school if necessary.